Year 11 Prom 2017
23rd Jun 2017
Year 11 Prom 2017
YEAR 11 PROM FRIDAY 23rd June 2017
I am delighted to announce that the Year 11 Prom will take place on Friday 23rd June 2017 at the Gateshead Marriott Hotel from 7.30pm until 11.30pm. Should your child wish to attend the total cost will be £28.00. A non-refundable deposit of £15.00 is required by no later than Friday 6th January 2017 to the Academy Finance Office (cheques payable to The Blyth Academy). The remaining payment of £13.00 will be required by no later than Friday 5th May 2017.
Students who wish to attend the Prom are required to ensure that their progress in lessons, behaviour and attendance are in line with the Academy expectations. Mrs Johnson and myself will review every student who wishes to attend the Prom on an individual basis and reserve the right to refuse payments from students until such times they meet the Academy expectations below.
All students who wish to attend should be meeting the following expectations:
- Following the one Academy rule of behaving in a responsible manner, both to themselves and others, showing consideration, courtesy and respect for other people at all times.
- Being role models for younger students within the Academy.
- Have attendance above 90%
- Be a Green or above student for behaviour.
- Meeting the requirements of the GCSE courses they are studying, e.g attending scheduled intervention sessions (Period 7), meeting deadlines for coursework and homework, demonstrating a positive attitude to learning.
The cost above includes;
- Hire of the room at the Marriot Hotel
- Red carpet arrival
- Room decorations
- Lighting system and disco
- A finger buffet including a variety of hot and cold foods
- A photographer will also be present on the night (photographs to be purchased separately on the night)
- Photo booth / Selfie Mirror with 3 hours running time
- Table balloons and Balloon Arch
Students and staff are really looking forward to what will be a fabulous event and a positive celebration to a successful 5 years at The Blyth Academy, which we hope will provide students with a very happy lasting memory.
Students are to make their own transport arrangements to and from the venue. There will be only soft drinks served at the venue and entry will be refused to anyone under the influence of alcohol.
We are looking forward to celebrating with the students and if you have any questions or concerns about the event please do not hesitate to contact me at the Academy.
Mrs L Houghton
Head of School 11 - Shackleton